How can I contact you?
We know it can be a little weird to order from an online-only company, but really, we're not robots! At least we don't think we are! Either way, we'd love to talk shoes with you if you've got a question.
The Hourglass Footwear studio is open by appointment 7 days per week. Give us a call or send an email to set up a time that works for you.
You can find us in Seattle's Ballard neighborhood at 1807 NW Dock Place, 98107. We'd love to meet you!
Does the paint stay on?
Our shoes are hand-painted and then triple sealed. This makes them waterproof, and it protects the paint from coming off. We've all been wearing our painted heels regularly for years now, and they still look great. Small scuffs can simply be wiped with a damp cloth or some clear shoe polish.
If you plan to shuffle through gravel on a regular basis, though, we'd probably recommend a different pair of shoes (also, maybe another hobby).
Do you have a return policy?
Yep! And we think it's pretty fair, too.
- If for some reason your shoes are scuffed to the point that the paint is compromised, we'll fix them for you for free; you'll just be responsible for the shipping.
- If they don't fit, they're not what you wanted, or you changed your mind, you can send them back to us in the original box with all packaging materials included within 15 days of receipt for a refund (less $25 as a courtesy fee for the artist if the shoes have already been painted) or exchange them for another pair (no fee save return shipping) as long as they don't show any signs of wear. That means (and yes, we know this is common sense, and you're probably rolling your eyes) when you try them on, walk on carpet only. If they look the same as they did when you took them out of the box, we'll take them back--no problem. Please note that we offer only one size exchange.
- We can't do returns or exchanges on custom orders or the "your shoes, our paint" orders, for obvious reasons. If there's a problem with the design, though, we'll be happy to fix it for you at no cost except shipping.
I live outside of the Continental U.S. Can you ship to me?
Yes! Send us an email and we'll give you a shipping quote and send you a special order portal. We're taking Hourglass shoes worldwide!
Are the platforms/ stilettos comfortable?
Comfort is pretty relative when you're talking heels. However, as far as sexy platforms and stilettos go, ours are pretty darned wearable, and some have gone so far as to call them comfortable.
Can you paint Disney characters, my favorite sports team, Marilyn Monroe, Hello Kitty, etc., on my shoes?
Can we? Of course. Will we? Nope. Unfortunately, these images are so heavily copyrighted that we barely dare look in their general direction, let alone put them on shoes. If you'd like us to paint something specific for you, and you're not sure if the image is ok for us to reproduce, though, send us an email, and we'll happily check it out for you.
My feet are wide! Do you have shoes for me?
Currently, we're able to offer wide widths on Dankso clogs, our flats, and our mid-heels. Our stilettos and platforms come in just standard sizes for now, but we hope to be able to offer wides in those styles soon as well.
The design I want is no longer on your site. What?! Aaaaa!
Oops. You probably waited a bit too long to order. Our designs will come and go, so if there's one you know you need, get it now.
Oh my gosh! I can't wait to wear my shoes! When can I expect them?
Each pair is painted by by hand and then triple sealed, which takes time, but we can still typically complete and get them to you in 4 weeks or less. Custom orders and very popular designs sometimes add a few extra days to that. But we'll let you know--before your checkout is complete--if we expect any delays.
Your shoes will arrive when we tell you they'll arrive. Honest.
Are they true to size?
Pretty darn close. Remember that if they don't fit, you can exchange them. Just make sure they don't show any signs of wear.
How tall are these babies?
- Platform heels are 5.5" with a 1.25" platform.
- Stilettos have a 4" heel with a .5" platform.
- Mid-heels are 3", no platform.
I'm a member of the media, and I want to make you rich and famous. What's the best way to reach you?
Fabulous! Email Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org
The fine print: